Living with chronic pain can be a debilitating experience, and no one likes to spend their days sitting on the sidelines.
Thankfully, there’s an alternative way to manage lower limb pain that emphasizes the healing power of laser technology over medications that mask symptoms rather than providing solutions.
This non-invasive treatment is called low level laser therapy and it’s changing how our patients deal with pain.
The Science Behind Low Level Lasers
Pain can originate in a number of ways, but often the discomfort you feel in your lower limbs as a result of musculoskeletal issues can be traced back to damage at a cellular level. Whereas many traditional treatments can be invasive, laser therapy infuses the injured area with light that is then converted into energy, stimulating the body’s natural healing mechanism and reducing oxidative stress.
How Low Level Laser Therapy Can Help?
Low level laser therapy combats pain by blocking the affected nerves and relieving inflammation. As the swelling in your legs and feet diminishes, blood flow increases and your cells are flooded with the life-giving substances they need to rejuvenate themselves and improve their overall function. In as few as 3 to 4 treatments, you may begin to start seeing real results that can make a major difference in your day-to-day life.
Who Can Benefit From Low Level Laser Therapy?
At Coastal Podiatry, we use laser therapy as a pain-free, non-invasive way to treat conditions such as arthritis, neuropathy, tendonitis, heel pain, sciatica, muscle sprains, strains, and other sports-related injuries. For patients who want to avoid prescription medication and unsettling side effects, low level laser therapy can be a dream come true.
Clinical Benefits of Low Level Laser Therapy
- Non-invasive and non-surgical.
- Evidence-based treatment with clinically proven results.
- No side effects and no adverse effects.
- Effective safe treatment for acute or chronic musculoskeletal pain of traumatic or inflammatory origin.
- All types of tissue damage can be treated.
- Safe to use immediately after injury.
- Eliminates pain.
- Reduces the need for pharmaceuticals.
- Restores normal range of motion and physical function.
- All ages can be treated.
- Pain-free comfortable treatment.
- Perfect for patients who have not responded to conventional therapies.
Effective Drug-Free Treatment For
- Sports Injuries
- Lower back pain
- Unresolved sprains and strains
- Knee Pain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Hip Pain
- Joint pain
- Musculoskeletal Conditions
- and many more
Healthy feet provide the foundations for a healthy body and an active life!
Dr Peter Shelton BSc Hons. Accredited Podiatrist.